Sport Scholarship Applications for 2018 have closed. Students seeking support should contact the Elite Athlete Coordinator directly (details below).
Sport Scholarships provide elite and emerging student-athletes with financial and in-kind support to assist them to reach their potential whilst studying at Melbourne. There is a variety of Sports Scholarship support on offer which can include:
- Up to $4,000 to assist with competition and travel costs
- Physiotherapy services (fully or partially subsidised with on campus practice Elite Akademy)
- Professional Strength and Conditioning coaching and programming
- 12 month Student Aquatic and Fitness (ScholarFit) membership
- Subsidies for inter-varsity representative sporting events
Sports Scholarship holders undertake to represent the University of Melbourne at appropriate inter-varsity championships or events during their the term of their scholarship.
Elite Athlete Recognition Application
The Elite Athlete and Performers’ Procedure (MPF1072) can provide flexible study assistance for recognised elite athletes, who due to their sporting endeavors, have extensive, yet inflexible, commitments that may interfere with their study. Assistance may include:
- Timetabling to suit sporting commitments
- Renegotiation of assignment and assessment deadlines.
- Flexibility around meeting minimum attendance requirements
- Alternate Exam Arrangements - Flexible Study Assistance Request Form
- Important! If you require flexible study assistance for an exam, you must complete a Flexible Study Assistance Request Form in addition to an application for Elite Athlete Recognition.
- Cross institutional study if required to temporarily relocate.
For Elite Athlete Recognition Application Click Here
Alternative Exam Application Click Here
Andrew and Geraldine Buxton Athletics Scholarship
Click here for more information about the Andrew and Geraldine Buxton Athletics Scholarship.
International Travel Grants
Additional financial assistance of up to $1,500 may be available to eligible elite athletes. Applications are open all year round; however, grants are subject to the availability of funds.
Applicants must satisfy all of the following eligibility requirements:
For International Travel Grant Applications Click Here
- Selected to represent their country in a National Team
- In an underage or open/senior level team
- Competing at an overseas competition
Interchange – International Exchange Opportunities
Interchange is operated in conjunction with the University of Melbourne’s Global Mobility Study Abroad and Exchange.Interchange provides elite athletes with the opportunity to continue their study and elite-level sport abroad, tapping into partnerships and support structures the University has with similar tertiary institutions around the globe. Interchange is available for inbound and outbound elite athletes.
For Interchange Sport Scholarship Application please contact EAP Coordinator
For Interchange Webpage Information Click Here