Elite Athlete Recognition Application
The Elite Athlete and Performers’ Procedure (MPF1072) can provide flexible study assistance for recognized elite athletes, who due to their sporting endeavors, have extensive, yet inflexible, commitments that may interfere with their study. Assistance may include:
- Timetabling to suit sporting commitments
- Renegotiation of assignment and assessment deadlines.
- Flexibility around meeting minimum attendance requirements
- Alternate Exam Arrangements - Flexible Study Assistance Request Form
- Important! If you require flexible study assistance for an exam, you must complete a Flexible Study Assistance Request Form in addition to an application for Elite Athlete Recognition.
- Cross institutional study if required to temporarily relocate.
For Elite Athlete Recognition Application Click Here
Alternative Exam Application Click Here
Sport Scholarship Applications
2017 Stage 1 Sport Scholarship Applications For Prospective Students Only (click here) Closes 11 November 2016
Sport Scholarships provide elite and emerging student-athletes with financial and in-kind support to assist them to reach their potential whilst studying at Melbourne.
Sport Scholarship Support may include:
For Sport Scholarship Applications Click Here
- Up to $2,750 to assist with travel, equipment and associated coaching costs
- Subsidy up to $1250 for representation at University Games/Championships
- 12 Month ScholarFit membership at Melbourne University Sport
- Physiotherapy Services
- Strength and Conditioning support
- Club specific sport scholarships applicants will be considered for all levels of scholarship support, pending their level of representation and eligibility
Andrew and Geraldine Buxton Athletics Scholarship
A new University of Melbourne scholarship will support up-and-coming student-athletes as they strive to reach their athletic and academic potential. The Andrew and Geraldine Buxton Athletics Scholarship will assist one student-athlete aspiring to be among the best in the world whilst they study at Australia’s number one ranked university.
The scholarship is the first elite athlete scholarship of any kind in Australia to be established in perpetuity by a donor. The scholarship will encourage rising track and field talent to remain in Australia.
The scholarship provides $10,000 per year in a cash award, as well as additional in-kind support. Students who are studying or applying to study at the University of Melbourne are eligible to apply.
International Travel Grants
Additional financial assistance of up to $1,000 may be available to eligible elite athletes. Applications are open all year round; however, grants are subject to the availability of funds.
Applicants must satisfy all of the following eligibility requirements:
For International Travel Grant Applications Click Here
- Selected to represent their country in a National Team
- In an underage or open/senior level team
- Competing at an overseas competition
Interchange – International Exchange Opportunities
Interchange is operated in conjunction with the University of Melbourne’s Global Mobility Study Abroad and Exchange.Interchange provides elite athletes with the opportunity to continue their study and elite-level sport abroad, tapping into partnerships and support structures the University has with similar tertiary institutions around the globe. Interchange is available for inbound and outbound elite athletes.
For Interchange Sport Scholarship Application Click Here
For Interchange Webpage Information Click Here