To ensure enjoyable and rewarding swimming sessions for our users, the following lap lane etiquette guidelines have been developed and will be monitored and forced by MU Sport lifeguards:
FREE SWIM FOR STUDENTS SPECIAL
- Select a lane based on your ability and stroke/s you intend to swim during your visit.
- Keep to the left of the lane.
- To pass a swimmer, overtake on the right and move as promptly as possible back into the left lane after passing the swimmer to continue your lap.
- If you have to move across any lanes, check both directions before moving.
- When waiting at the end of the pool, move to the corner of the lane to avoid interfering with other swimmers who are continuing to swim laps and perform tumble turns. Please bring your patience along with your goggles.
Grab your goggles and jump into the pool for a quick swim!
Available from Monday to Friday between 9.00am and 11.00am*.
Walk-up hire only (sorry, no bookings) and available to University of Melbourne students.
*During off-peak times (18 June 2018 to 13 July 2018 and selected dates in December/January) the Pool is closed between 9.00am and 11.00am and the Free Swim program will operate from 2.00pm to 4.00pm.